Technical QA Engineer II - VALORANT - Console
As a QA Automation Engineer, you are expected to think critically and ensure quality throughout the QA automation system. The ideal candidate will work with engineers and QA leads to ensure deliverables are timely and meet expectations. This role requires the ability to facilitate and manage QA automation processes including code quality and making informed technical decisions, as well as setting processes and standards for QA Leads looking to create automated test cases.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a QA Engineer II on the VALORANT team you will help Riot test and deliver a brand new AAA title. You will work directly with developers to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the execution of all test coverage within your product space and manage test, telemetry, and defect data, and report regularly on product quality. You will report to the Quality Manager for the project.
- Help develop QA automation processes that QA Leads can use to automate their test cases
- Develop automation code across a variety of platforms
- Work closely with the rest of the QA team to ensure the most valuable automation coverage
- Analyze and adjust automation architecture to make it scalable across several platforms as updates and features are completed
- Collaborate with various Engineering teams to integrate QA systems with all available build systems
- As part of the automation team, automate test cases and make sure they are delivered within
- 2+ years of experience in automation development, with languages like C#, C++, or Java
- Experience using Jenkins or similar CI/CD tools
- Ability to write/execute test cases/suites for multi-platform application software
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Work to consistently improve testing efficiency – including for regression testing
- Defect testing experience across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of gaming technologies such as Unreal Engine or Unity
- Experience in reporting methods and telemetry to track the quality of software and the automation itself
- Experience working across Multiple Platforms
- Experience tasking remote testers daily, and providing feedback on effectiveness.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).