Technical QA Tester
The ideal candidate:
We are looking for a passionate and talented Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) tester to work with the development team in producing applications which are extremely fun to play and of a very high quality.
Working in parallel with the Functionality QA team, you will be responsible for assisting the TQA team and QA manager in testing the technical and network elements of the product both before the release to the market as well as supporting live products via client and server updates. You will also be working closely with the Core Tech team when new SDK packages are ready to be implemented.
- At least 2 years of experience working on mobile free to play titles
- Extensive knowledge of mobile Ad Networks, Marketing & Analytical SDKs used within the industry
- Writing QA reports in a professional manner for senior management e.g. after test plan completion
- Familiarity of SCRUM/Agile (not essential)
- Awareness of the development cycle and key milestones
- Understanding of bug/defect databases (Jira preferably) along with exceptional bug reporting skills and awareness of the workflow of a bug
- Familiar with both following and writing test plans & test cases.
- Worked on Android & iOS and understand the differences between them in terms of hardware and platform store requirements.
- Have tested networking performance and stability, preferably in a mobile gaming context (not essential)
- Keen to learn how to use new tools and software to aid in testing practices
- Excellent English & communications skill
- Organised, disciplined and methodical approach to testing
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong team spirit, pro-active with tasks
- Able to take initiative and manage own workload
- Strongly motivated to work within a small structured team
- Computer literate (word processing, spreadsheets etc.)
- Understanding of GDPR and other data privacy and child protection laws along with how these are handled by 1st party platforms (i.e ATT).
- A curious nature with a view to build upon existing testing tools and processes
- Understanding of User Acquisition processes and tooling
- Experience in using network traffic monitoring tools (i.e Charles proxy)
- Work effectively with existing Technical & Network QA in completing test plans for new features and to confirm state of build before release and provide known issues list
- Regular meetings with project and service teams to track workload in relation to release schedule and outstanding bugs
- Ensure that all bugs are recorded to a high standard and investigated thoroughly so reproduction steps can be easily followed
- Test the implementation of ad provider and mediation SDKs
- Test the implementation of analytics SDK and events
- Track and test In-App-Purchase verification, promos and segmentation on FGOL’s catalogue of games
- Test the implementation and segmentation of push notifications system
- Verify current and new SDK’s are functioning correctly via associated dashboards and internal tools
- Assist the functionality QA team during quiet periods
- Look after and keep track of company devices, data cables, equipment etc.
Ubisoft FGOL offers its employees some great benefits which include:
- Flexible office working hours and up to 80% remote working
- 25 days of annual leave up to 30 with seniority + mental health day + partial Christmas break
- Swanky central London offices with all the extras you might expect
- Profitability bonus schemes across live, pre-launch and Ubisoft performance categories
- Exceptional 6%/9% pension scheme
- Best in class benefits including claimable annual £750 travel, £750 well-being, £500 mobile/tablet, £250 games allowances
- ‘We’re a games company’ - drinks fridges, pool + ping pong tables, games room, etc.
- Social events including weekly football, parties, quarterly company socials, team lunches etc
- Training budgets
- Private healthcare, reduced gym membership, life insurance, critical illness & disability cover
- Season ticket loan (for tube/rail costs)
- Home office furniture loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Recruitment Referral Fee awards