Recruiting at Discord means not only selecting and supporting top industry professionals, but also ensuring that their experience is meaningful, memorable and efficient.
Finding the right people to add to our unique mix is a difficult endeavor, so we're looking for a Technical Recruiter to join our recruiting team and help us maintain an empathetic and positive experience for remarkable candidates.
What you'll be doing
- Complete end-to-end ownership of your recruiting pipelines across Discord's different technical groups
- Understand how business goals affect the full hiring landscape and anticipate how organizational changes may improve hiring needs
- Develop relationships with hiring managers to understand their needs and help them meet their hiring goals
- Recruit qualified candidates through sourcing on multiple channels, reviewing incoming applicants, and maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate
- Track personal metrics, and use data to drive best practices with the Recruiting, People Ops, and Executive team to ensure every candidate has a positive experience
What you should have
- 1+ years of in-house recruiting experience
- A commitment to and experience delivering high touch, outstanding service to our candidates and employees
- An openness to learning and incorporating new recruiting strategies and processes
- 3+ years of experience sourcing and recruiting. Preferably in a high-growth environment or a company experiencing transformative change
- A track record sourcing and hiring passive technical talent
- A passion for diversity hiring and educating hiring managers on the importance of building a diverse and equitable pipeline
- A passion and an understanding of Discord’s mission and values
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $109,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $87,200/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!