Technical Scripting Engineer- Live Content (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make great games that achieve the unexpected.
We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™, Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
We're looking for a Technical Scripter to help create new systems to power Live Content and MTX for Apex Legends. You'll report to the Senior Manager, Experience Design, but functionally work with the Live Content Pod to develop fun and readable systems, interfaces menus, and more to help create a seamless and enjoyable experience for our players outside of a normal match.
WHAT YOU'LL TAKE ON:
• Your tasks include developing new menus and flows in our scripting language that has been approved by partners.
• You will work both independently and as part of a team.
• You will design deep UI systems and compelling interactions to promote player engagement and enjoyment outside of normal gameplay.
• As a member of the Live Content team, you'll envision and create new systems and improve the look/feel of current menus and systems such as the Battle Pass, Challenge System, Loadouts, and our Store.
WHAT YOU BRING:
• You have features in your portfolio that you developed from concept to finish that showcases game design skills. (sensibility, gameplay, geo, documents)
• You are passionate and openly share inspiration to raise the quality bar. No one is phoning it in here – our team loves what they do, and it shows in their work.
• You have previously accepted feedback and critiques that have helped tailor your work towards what's best for the game.
• You understand why you made the decisions you've made in your designs - what worked well, what you would change in hindsight, and what you learned.
GREAT TO HAVE:
• Professional game development experience with at least one shipped title.
• Experience working in a game engine, using scripting tools, and familiarity with IDEs, debuggers, and scripting languages.
• You can meticulously polish features to AAA quality.
• Experience in rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts.
• You can pitch design concepts clearly, detailedly through written and verbal skills.
• You are productive individually and within a team environment.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
• Creative Freedom: You will directly affect the shape of the game and ensure we're making the best game possible and encouraged to iterate for greatness, scope wisely, and provide designs you are proud for players to enjoy.
• Collaboration: You will collaborate with many disciplines to iterate and evolve many systems that sit outside the moment-to-moment gameplay.
• Values: We share inspiration, knowledge, and passion with others. We aspire to treat our work as a personal masterpiece. We play other studios' games, stay informed about trends, and put time and passion into the biggest payoff for players.
• Ownership: We are small and everyone has a lot of ownership over their work. You will oversee individual features from conceptualization to shipping. As part of a small team, you will shine here.
• Growth: At Respawn we believe that all of our team members are on a professional development path. Progress in that journey is an essential component of happiness and satisfaction in one's work. Our team members are encouraged to follow their career interests, while also challenging themselves. To facilitate this, our leads work with each team member to identify areas of strength, desired development, and, whenever possible, assign tasks and projects that will inspire the team member to grow in skill, knowledge, and capability.