Technical Support Specialist (Programming)
As a Technical Support Specialist in the Online Services team, you will take care of the technical support of products integrated in our online games. In direct communication with the online programmer community of all projects developed at Ubisoft, you will participate to the success of our games by helping them to make the most of the services provided by the Ubisoft online platform.
Implementation coaching, complex problem investigation, consulting, training, etc. The position has multiple facets which will let you express both your technical and human skills. You are able to propose durable, flexible and stable solutions in an ever-changing context and to juggle with different subjects.
You will vulgarize information to answer questions pertaining to integration in a clear and coherent manner through tech documentation, emails or during calls. As flexibility, sustainability and, of course, quality are your key words as far as solutions are concerned, you are able to propose stable and sustainable solutions.
What you will do
· Maintain relationships with production teams and be their first point of contact.
· Analyze the technical problems encountered by our partners.
· Propose robust and sustainable solutions + work with development team to develop fixes and new functionalities.
· Guide technical teams during product integration (SDK, API, etc.).
· Train members of production teams by teaching them how to use our products.
· Investigate infrastructure issues + work with System Admins to implement changes and improvements.
· Create and maintain technical documentation that will serve as a reference.
· Increase test coverage for bug fixes.
· Ensure that the technical solutions designed by the productions comply with our constraints and best practices.
· Background in computer science, software development, computer engineering, or equivalent
· Able to speak and write English fluency
· Solid experience in IT, programming, front-end development, network infrastructure management, or other relevant experience (experience in online development is an asset)
· A collaborative, creative and innovative spirit
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Motivation to help others solve technical and complex problems
About Online Services
As Ubisoft's online platform developer, the Online Services group helps deliver high-quality connected experiences to millions of gamers around the world. Working in conjunction with production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to develop features that add real value to all of our live games - during development and post-launch. Thanks to our overview of Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and our long-term approach to online gaming, we are focusing our efforts on finding the right solution for the purpose pursued. What if this solution does not yet exist? This is an opportunity for us to create it.
At Ubisoft, you are welcome as you are. We welcome diversity in all its forms. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what is possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.