Technical Writer – Anvil
As a technical writer at Ubisoft Montréal, you’ll have the opportunity to combine your love for technology, your writing abilities, and a strong focus on the user experience to deliver high-quality, well-organized documentation that Anvil users and developers will rely on to create games.
Your focus will be on writing and editing documentation not only for Anvil users but also for our developers. You will also interact with multiple teams and disciplines to guide them as they create documentation in alignment with the Anvil vision and the overall strategy at Ubisoft.
Anvil is a Game Engine developed internally at Ubisoft and used worldwide to power the greatest AAA games. Originally developed alongside the release of the original Assassin’s Creed in 2007 to build one dynamic open world games it has since evolved to support a huge variety of game genres and platforms. Play the most tactical 5vs5 FPS in Rainbow 6 Siege on your PC or embark on a mystical adventure in the world of Immortals: Fenyx Rising on the latest generation consoles. There is no limit with Anvil.
In the Anvil team we strongly believe in empowering our developers and enabling them to build the most innovative, amazing-looking and enriching game experiences. If you join us, you will be working in close collaboration with multiple production teams and help us create a cutting-edge production pipeline featuring powerful core services and easy-to-use tools. Fancy joining the Anvil community?
What you’ll do
- Write and improve technical documentation for content creators and developers.
- Combine text with supporting visual elements to present complex information in a manner that can be easily understood by the target audience.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread technical documents written by your colleagues.
- Follow Anvil documentation standards regarding templates, order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Help improve Anvil glossary, taxonomy, and style guide projects.
- Promote documentation standards and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Manage the documentation process, including the creation, editing, versioning, and publishing of documentation.
- Enforce workflows to keep the documentation up to date and relevant.
- Organize and rationalize documentation for multiple Anvil-based game productions.
What you bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience in technical writing
- Good knowledge of technical writing principles and style (grammar, syntax, tone/voice, precision, conciseness, parallelism, etc.)
- Excellent English and French, spoken and written
- Experience designing and delivering user and developer documentation
- Ability to synthesize complex information and make it accessible
- Excellent organization and priority management skills
- Ability to understand quickly basic operating standards and procedures
- Proactivity in finding the needed information
- Experience working on or closely with software development teams
- Practical knowledge of a programming language
- Experience with Confluence, Gitlab, Jira
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
*A technical test will be required during the hiring process.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.