Temporary Writer - (Apex Mobile)
The Respawn Apex Legends Mobile team is looking for an experienced Writer with expertise in character bio design, dialogue, and narrative scripts to join our studio. You will report to our Lead Writer and will play a key role in our game's development and success.
- Write personalities, backstories, and dialogue for a diverse cast of characters.
- Help develop character-based trailers, including outlines and scripts, while providing feedback on storyboards and animation.
- Find creative opportunities to tell a story within the battle royale genre without disrupting gameplay flow.
- Develop story ideas with a team of writers using the game's vision.
- Collaboratively influence game, level, sound and art direction.
- Work with Design, Art, Animation, and Audio to develop detailed, cohesive characters.
- Write and contribute to single season and multi-season story arcs.
- Author and pitch story ideas to members of different teams and leadership.
- Assist other writers by providing critiques and attending brainstorming sessions.
- Contribute worldbuilding narratives in a sci-fi setting.
- Attend recording sessions and ensure VO delivers on character and context.
- Help maintain and organize narrative documents.
- Previous professional work as a writer for games, film, TV, books, theater, or somewhere similar.
- Understanding of storytelling methods in games.
- Strong collaboration skills working remotely with other writers and creatives.
- Experience with character-led storytelling and sci-fi.
- Baseline familiarity with Apex and Titanfall.
* Please include examples of combat barks and scriptwriting as part of any submitted writing samples.