Texture Artist [Splinter Cell]
We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt on Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay, while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
On being a Texture Artist at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Texture Artist at UbiTO, you will participate in making an immersive world come alive by creating and applying textures that give depth and dimension to everything within it.
With a mix of observation, skill, and imagination, add the details that define characters, objects, and environments. Take inspiration from reality to build believable materials and adapt to new tools to push them to their full potential. You freely choose the methods that work best for you to create a finished look that fits the feel of the game and makes it memorable.
What you’ll do as a Texture Artist:
- Collaborate with the art team to grasp the game’s artistic vision and set material and texture goals and priorities;
- Work closely with Tools, Engine, and Tech Art counterparts to develop new workflows and improve upon existing tools and technologies, to improve art quality and team efficiency;
- Create materials and textures from references, scans, and from scratch, build and maintain a texture library;
- Be responsible for the quality and efficiency of material and texture content generated by their team;
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints;
- Proactively help to troubleshoot problematic content;
- Document and share your knowledge and best practices;
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling packages such as 3ds Max, Maya or others;
- Advanced knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter, Adobe Photoshop, and Zbrush with Photogrammetry knowledge being an asset;
- A solid understanding of art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, colour theory, etc.), physically based rendering (PBR), and game constraints;
- Self-motivated, independent, and excellent attention to detail and communication.
- Around 3 years of industry experience in texture creation (or relevant experience);
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Five weeks of vacation + one week office closure around the December holidays
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
- Bonus (If Applicable)
You can learn more about Life at Ubisoft here: https://toronto.ubisoft.com/life-at-ubisoft/
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+. Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
Please read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.