Tool Programmer (Pipeline) – Online Services
When you’re a Tools Programmer within Online Services, you develop and improve the build and deployment pipeline and tools for our online libraries and services.
Working in a cutting-edge technology environment that combines C++, C#, Python, Unity libraries and targets a range of platforms, game consoles, and cloud providers, you're responsible for assessing existing solutions and tools to establish an up-to-date pipeline that allows video game production teams to build, test, deploy, and integrate with ease.
About Online Services
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Online Services helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
What you’ll do
- Develop a modern build solution, improving build distribution by harnessing tools and tech to manage dependencies (NuGet, Docker, etc.).
- Continuously improve productivity processes: compilation, build process, test execution, etc.
- Integrate new and evolve existing solutions to handle distributed testing and complex, multi-platform integration testing + implement metrics and tools to monitor quality and performance.
- Collaborate with game development teams to enhance our current deployment processes for SDKs and online services (Artefactory/Conan, etc.)
- Evaluate and implement technologies + review and adapt our best practices.
- Gather and understand team needs to enrich the pipeline, help replicate it, and make it a new standard for a wide range of SDKs and online services.
- Be a go-to person in all DevOps-related topics (automation, infrastructure definition, configuration management, deployment, system and service monitoring, integration, continuous delivery, etc.).
What you bring
- Experience in software development and C++/C# build process automation
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and deployment tools (ideally for both SDKs and online services: Git/GitLab, Jenkins/Team City or equivalent, NuGet, Artifactory, Conan)
- Understanding of scripting languages
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills: you’re able to collaborate with an array of teams from a variety of technical backgrounds
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- The ability to solve problems and take initiative + quickly grasp and adapt to new tools and environments
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.