Tools Engineer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at https://respawn.com/studio.
Respawn is looking for Tools Engineers who are passionate about developing world-class tools for game artists and designers. As a tools engineer you will be part of an accomplished and passionate group developing a world class tool-set, unlocking the potential of our artists and designers to create compelling features to keep players engaged for years to come. You will understand the challenges facing content creators and be able to collaborate with them to create workflows that empower our users. A focus on the user experience will be essential to success in this role.
Reporting to a Technical Director, you will:
- Collaborate with the Design, Art and Engine teams to develop solutions for new workflows.
- Work with our users to improve on usability, tool performance and stability.
- Extend and refactor the existing development framework to maximize individual productivity.
- 2+ years of professional programming experience in C++
- Experience with tools and software development with a service-oriented attitude
- Experience with code review and enjoy working on a collaborative team
- Video Game Industry experience
- AAA Game development experience
- UI/UX experience
- Experience with SQL databases
- A degree in computer science, or equivalent work experience