Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, we are a AAA development studio within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. With the release of our first title, The Callisto Protocol, we are excited to continue to grow our team.
Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
What we are looking for:
Striking Distance Studios is looking for a talented, motivated and experienced Tools Engineer to build and maintain world class tools and pipelines for AAA development.
We are looking for an engineer passionate about building tools that make content production as easy and seamless as possible for our team.
- Design and fully implement complex tools both as an individual contributor and with the help of a small team.
- Improve how content is authored through the design of tools and pipelines.
- Work with teams to evaluate workflows and identify areas of improvement.
- Build tools and pipelines to be both low maintenance and extendable.
- Keep current with technology advances in tools development and propose new innovations that may benefit the project.
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines.
- 3+ years of games industry experience
- Experience with the C / C++ programming language
- Familiarity with Game Engine architectures and Game Editor concepts (Experience with Unreal Engine 4 is highly desirable but not required).
- Expertise in character systems, animation systems, import and export pipelines for meshes, textures, rigs, and animations
- Strong sense of UX design.
- Ideally, experience using GUI Toolkits such as WPF, Qt, Slate.
In California, the standard base pay range for this role is $145,000 - $175,000 annually. This base pay range is for California and is not applicable to locations outside of CA. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Due to recent scams, our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com. If you received an email and are unsure you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org.