Tools Programmer [Beyond Good and Evil 2] (f/m/d)
Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As our new Tools Programmer, you will be working on game development tools for AAA Games. You will design, implement, and ensure the proper functioning of the tools that will develop the potential of the engine and help improve the efficiency of the production team.
What you will do:
- Compile, understand and document development needs and assess their feasibility to best serve the production team
- Collaborate with designers to enhance and improve production pipelines
- Implement new tools and features
- Maintain, extend, debug, and optimize the existing tools
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and enable users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new tools and features
What you bring:
- 3-5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent programming skills in C#
- A good understanding of WPF
- Good C++ knowledge
- Strong ability for analysing and extending existing code
- Basic knowledge of 3D math
- Excellent teamwork abilities
- Fluent English and good communication skills (we integrate directly with teams around the world)
- Self-organized and structured working attitude.
Nice to have:
- Basic Python knowledge
- Experience with Houdini
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search via our relocation partner. For international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, as well as approximately 12 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible working hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Self-study and training hours (half a day per month): You have access to our in-house library
- Company pension scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect.
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly mobility budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Borrow a bike for free: Discover the city from a new perspective.
- English and German classes for free. The main language in the studio is English.
- Free fruit, vegetables, coffee, tea and water. Enjoy some vitamins and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/