Tools Software Engineer Co-Op (FC)
Electronic Arts, one of the largest tech companies and video game developers in Vancouver, brings together experienced people from diverse work backgrounds and industries all united by a common passion: bringing the best video games in the world to life!
If your dream job is to work with cutting-edge technologies on some of the most popular video game franchises in the world, including EA SPORTS™ FC, then you've come to the right place. Prepare to level up your learning and career development together with some of the most experienced industry professionals in the gaming world: a diverse, creative and collaborative group of people united by a shared vision of excellence. You have come to the right place if you want to experience the scope of what game industry has to offer before picking your path.
The FC Live Tools team implements and maintains the tooling used by the FC Live Content Producers to dynamically push new content to the game for players. Everything you see in FUT, from Squad Building Challenges to the experience points needed to level up in a campaign or the stats of a player, are created using the tools so this will be a chance to take a peek behind the curtain and see how things work. The tools are web-based apps build on C#/.NET Core framework and Angular.
- You will learn about software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- This is a great opportunity to learn about the game development industry and experience the development life cycle of a very large project.
- You will help extend the tools used for creating content for the live game.
- Familiarity in OOP design, algorithms, and data structures
- Familiarity with software engineering concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Programming knowledge in C#/.NET Framework
- Programming knowledge with a Front-End framework (Angular/AngularJS/React/Vue)
Academic or home projects are a plus