Tools Software Engineer - EA SPORTS
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of experienced EA/EA SPORTS employees and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
The Tools Engineer will report to the area engineering lead and will be a part of the game creation process, including design, implementation, and debugging. Tools engineers create engine editor workflows for designers, artists and other engineers to help them in their day to day content creation process.
- Build developer facing tools which help designers and artists create game content efficiently and effectively to directly impact the product
- Implement engine editor user interfaces to manipulate game content, tuning and assets
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years of experience developing games or developing tools for game content creation
- High level of proficiency with C++ and understanding of C# or WPF
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug