Trade Marketing Specialist, Mexico
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Trade Marketing Specialist
Job Summary: Manage our local promotion and activation calendar. Manage our merchandising agencies to maximize in-store product availability in Mexico and partner with sales managers to improve brand presence and activations in retail locations.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Executing the Trade Marketing Plan in line with sales and marketing objectives and managing our merchandising agencies to maximize product Sell through in Mexico
- Working with Sales Managers to improve brand presence and campaign execution across trade through excellence in in-store planning, execution, and tracking in alignment with the annual sales priorities
- Working directly with Customers and Sales Managers to build account specific activations and execution calendars.
- Visiting the points of sale regularly to ensure that the brand is visible, and guidelines are respected
- Create point of sales reports, including pricing, inventory availability and competitor activities and pricing.
- Contribute to the formation of the annual departmental budget and Annual Plan
- Contribute to development of sales collateral materials (presentations, sales sheets, giveaways, etc.
What you’ll bring
- A true "customer-first" mentality.
- Spanish and English speaking and writing abilities at a near-native level is required.
- Proven listening skills necessary to elicit and internalize customer feedback, needs, and motivations.
- Advanced communication skills; clearly and concisely communicate complex issues and technologies.
- You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of related professional experience.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- For this role, new hires generally start between MXN 502,000.00 - MXN 596,600.00. Full range: MXN 502,000.00 - MXN 754,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE/MX Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Distribution Sales Specialist (IC2)