For more than twenty years, Criterion Games has entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audio-visual quality, and technical innovation across many beloved franchises including Burnout, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront and Need for Speed.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the sixth year in a row, we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK.
We're looking for a UI Artist to join the team at Criterion Games on a 12 month temporary fixed term!
Reporting to the Lead UI Artist, you will focus on creating the outstanding visuals that make up the User Interface within the game whilst ensuring UI features are created to a high standard and champion visual consistency across the interface. You will also deliver the visual quality and overall presentation of the player experience in software, working closely with UI Art Leads, UX Design Leads and Technical disciplines to ensure intuitive interfaces & rewarding player feedback that guides players through a complex network of selection, customization screens, presentation sequences and game modes.
What a UI Artist does at EA:
- Communicate a strong UI vision via references, mockups, & sketches while aligning to the project vision.
- Proactive collaborator in a team with people from different disciplines.
- Design individual UI assets, prepare and import them into the game engine.
- Collaborate with team leadership and brand partners to develop in-game visual style guide and UI design systems.
- Work with Producers and UX Designers to evolve rough ideas into polished, well thought out pixel-perfect interfaces.
- Develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and artistic direction.
- Be proactive, autonomous, and take full ownership of your work.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite