UI Integrator (Technical Artist) [Far Cry Project]
What you’ll do as a UI Integrator:
- Develop pieces of in-game user interface and menus using in-house tools;
- Build menus and other user interface elements following game design requirements and using layouts and art assets provided by the UI artists;
- Creating UI graphs which control both logic and rendering of the in-game UI
- Collaborating with UI and Game Programmers to create new nodes and UI logic for functionality;
- Work with other team members on a daily basis to ensure the features fulfill the artistic vision and the desired player experience;
- Collaborating with UI artists and designers to deliver the visual and interactive targets;
- Ensuring our UI is performant with continual measurement and iteration;
- Follow project guidelines and best practices;
- Use existing solutions and tools effectively;
- Provide feedback on the UI tools to help programmers improve the framework
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. If you are excited about the role, we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the qualifications listed below.
- Ability to find and debug issues within content;
- A problem solver thinking technically and artistically;
- Ability to consider accessibility and optimization in own work;
- A team-oriented individual;
- Ability to receive constructive feedback;
- Ability to quickly understand game design rules and mechanics;
- Ability to quickly understand software functionality and technical limitations
- Experience with node-based, visual scripting game engines is a plus;
- Understanding various design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effect & 3D software) is a plus;
- Experience in scripting/programming is a plus;
- Knowledge in Shading in nodes (HLSL/GLSL) is a plus;
- A relevant degree in an Art/Tech field, or equivalent work experience;
- 3-5+ years of experience in UI integration, development, technical art or related experience.
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Five weeks of vacation + one week office closure around the December holidays
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
- Bonus (If Applicable)
You can learn more about Life at Ubisoft here: https://toronto.ubisoft.com/life-at-ubisoft/
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+. Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
Please read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.