As a UI Integrator at Ubisoft Toronto, you'll be the link between art and code. You'll work with industry-leading tools, like our Snowdrop game engine and collaborate with a team of UI/UX Designers, Artists and Programmers, to create some of the most advanced UI content ever seen in video games.
What you’ll do:
- Utilizing our node-based (visual scripting language) in Snowdrop, you will create the UI that allows players to create and share procedurally generated levels, and to interact with the community of creators which we will foster;
- Creating UI graphs which control both logic and rendering of the Creative Mode menu system;
- Creating UI graphs for the in-game HUD;
- Collaborating with UI and Game Programmers to create new nodes and UI logic;
- Collaborating with UI artists and designers to deliver the visual and interactive targets;
- Ensuring our UI is performant with continual measurement and iteration.
What you bring:
- You enjoy creating content (or realizing content based on concepts) and are not afraid of taking initiative;
- You have an eye for quality and are always seeking to improve;
- You enjoy solving problems and are able to think both technically and artistically, considering accessibility and optimization in your work;
- You are comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team and you are team-oriented;
- You have a positive attitude with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback;
- Ability to find and debug issues within content;
- A relevant degree in an Art/Tech field, or equivalent work experience;
- If you have a portfolio available, we're looking forward to seeing it.
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Six weeks of vacation
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Life at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. You’ll have opportunities to be challenged, learn and grow in your role. Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible within game development while working with Ubisoft’s most powerful technologies – from game engines to performance capture and more. Annual performance reviews and salary increases will help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer hybrid remote work options, six weeks of vacation for all employees, an enhanced parental leave program, a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development.
We celebrate the big and small moments together – with virtual events, get togethers, giveaways and more. In addition to our “right to disconnect” philosophy, the studio offers a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, an on-site gym, flexible work hours, and other programs to create a better, sustainable work environment for our teams.
We encourage you to read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.