UI Lead - (Open to Remote)
Job Title:UI Lead - (Open to Remote)
Toys for Bob, a collaborative team of stellar individuals that have inspired love, joy, and laughter through epic AAA entertainment for more than 30 years, is open to remote work! Our passion for developing award-winning games with diverse genres includes the Crash Bandicoot®, Call of Duty®, Overwatch®, Spyro®, Skylanders®, and Tony Hawk® franchises. We are constantly evolving and support our growing employees to be as innovative as they can be. Toys for Bob’s experienced developers are looking for creative individuals ready to take on exciting and new projects. Join us!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, visit us at www.toysforbob.com and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
As a UI Lead, you will lead and grow a small team of UI artists, engineers, and designers to develop each of our game’s unique interface to the highest standards of clarity, usability, and enjoyability. This role will report to the Engineering Director and collaborate closely with Design and Art leads.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop, articulate, and maintain each game’s unique UI vision and standards of its user flows, screen layouts, and individual components through wireframes, flowcharts, mockups, write-ups, or any means necessary.
- Review and steer the functional design of UI elements and screens to high usability standards in close coordination with Design and Engineering leads.
- Guide the development of UI aesthetics in close partnership with Art leads to support design goals and improve the game’s accessibility and clarity.
- Lead a small team of UI engineers, designers, and artists.
- Lead by example - implement flows, screens, and widgets in-game when needed.
- Be the owner of standard processes; review, document, share, build knowledge and process within the team
- Extract usability insights from playtests, user research, and community feedback. Work with Production to translate feedback into scheduled, practical tasks to improve the user's experience.
- Partner with studio leadership to grow the team through new hires and development strategies.
- Strong understanding of user experience/technical design fundamentals
- Leadership experience
- Ability to deliver and receive feedback constructively
- Eagerness to support the team through direct contribution
- Preference to fail fast and iterate through feedback
- Attention to detail
- Experience leading UI team on a shipped game/product
- A passion for accessibility
- Experience and interest in mentoring designers and UI artists
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Toys for Bob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability