At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for talented UI Programmer who possesses a passion for creating world class user interfaces that help form the connection between the player and our games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in Carlsbad. Whether it’s the beach or mountains, San Diego is considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- The UI Team at Rockstar is a diverse, multinational team made up of programmers and developers from across our studios.
- Working together across time zones we use our industry-leading, in-house proprietary “RAGE” engine to produce the User Interface features that form the connection between the player and our games.
- We develop our own UI tools, editors and technologies to let our UI developers realize the creative vision of the projects we work on while constantly striving for excellence to produce the seamless UI experience our millions of players expect.
- Develop, maintain and extend next generation UI systems.
- Take prototype design ideas, iterate through trial and error to evolve them into fluent, easy to use UIs.
- Cooperate with artists, designers and other coders on how to best utilize the current UI technology.
- A degree in computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional experience with at least one shipped game title.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills, and OO design skills.
- Good understanding of common UI design patterns such as MVC and MVVM.
- Self-motivated and able to work closely with programmers, artists and designers.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Good team communication skills, and being able to translate rough ideas into concrete implementations.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Visual arts or equivalent background.
- Experience with Scaleform, Flash, and Actionscript.
- Familiarity with XAML and WPF.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.