UI Software Engineer - F1
Are you an experienced UI Programmer ready for a new journey? Our award-winning Formula 1 team would like you to apply!
Our UI programmers work is varied, harmonious with the UI art team and the game developers, enjoying solid C++ skills with our custom UI Tools. We'd love to teach you the power of our tech, while you bring flare and expertise to implement new UI solutions for both in-game features and navigation.
Racing brings surprisingly many career opportunities. As the home of the official F1 game, our game worlds are rich with detailed, informative content and data delivered in 2D and 3D. We offer a unique set of challenges to present user access to essential material though logical and responsive user journeys. Embedded into the user experience both on and off-track, for us UI performance is important to gameplay, so you'll shape player dynamics at the heart of the game.
- Reporting to the UI Lead, you will take an active part in the UI design process working with designers, UI artists and other development departments. You will also:-
- Develop technical designs for UI features
- Test and refine UI features and help create automated tests
- Learn and develop our in-house technology and maintain UI code
- Support other programmers with all systems exposing data to the UI, across multiple features including gameplay, networking and physics
- Partner with the Technical Director and UI lead to collaborate with the gameplay programming team
Here's what you'll need:
- Commercial development lifecycle experience in C++ programming in agile Console or PC game development
- UI design patterns (MVVM in particular)
- Knowledge of how gameplay systems are implemented
- Object-oriented design, data-driven systems and their implementation
- Experience of debugging, profiling tools and code optimisation