UI Technical Artist
As a Technical Artist at Ubi Quebec, you’ll help build a mobile game user interface that’s visually impactful while maintaining its cutting-edge performance.
To achieve this, you bridge the worlds of the artist and the programmer, acting as an interpreter and problem-solver. Because of you, the two collaborate cohesively and efficiently, on budget and deadline, using the most appropriate tools and pipelines.
While keeping device and user limitations in mind, you ensure all interface assets can be rendered without compromising the artistic vision, on the one hand, or busting your memory budget on the other, setting benchmarks for your UI along the way.
You’re the mobile development team’s hybrid specialist, speaking both from the heart and the mind, with your eye on AAA quality.
What you’ll do
- Establish efficient and clear pipelines + create UI libraries;
- Work closely with mobile UI artists to reflect their intentions by prototyping features;
- Benchmark interface assets through research and testing;
- Integrate, debug, and optimize UI assets in Unity;
- Communicate and collaborate with interdependent teams to find the perfect balance between aesthetic quality and technical functionality;
- Monitor UI best practices, tools, and trends to evolve our methods and bring about player-centric improvements;
- Investigate, develop, and implement new techniques to drive the team’s UI to the forefront of the video game industry and set new standards.
What you bring to the team
- A diploma in an artistic or technical field (or related training);
- Experience in the video game industry (or other relevant experience);
- Proficiency in C#;
- Knowledge of shader writing and motion graphics;
- Experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and After Effects);
- A solid understanding of graphics/UI libraries (like NGUI and React Native) & Unity and its limitations;
- A desire to share your knowledge and expertise to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills;
- The ability to adapt and wear many hats, including artist, programmer, teacher, communicator, leader, supporter, memory-budget manager, creator, and innovator – among others.
*Skills and knowledge come in many forms and can be based on relevant experience, so we strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements listed above.
What to send our way
- Your Resume, highlighting your background and skills;
- A demo of your best work with an explanation of your steps (seriously, show us your process!). Attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.