UI Text Support
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Leeds is on the lookout for a talented UI Text Support who has excellent English language skills and a keen eye for detail. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Leeds.
WHAT WE DO
- We support teams across the business to plan, design, deliver, test and optimize user interface (UI) text, across all our games and services - ensuring it’s as effective, consistent and high quality as possible.
- Our UX writing function supports the strategy and design of new UI elements and player experiences; and our copy editing function optimizes new and existing text strings for quality and consistency, and ensures they’re appearing correctly in-game.
- We collaborate with UX researchers, UX designers, UI designers, visual designers, and teams across the business to ensure we're consistently presenting our players and customers with precisely the right information, in the right format, at the right time, and in the right tone of voice across our games and services.
- Regularly proofread text files for accuracy, clarity, and consistency with established patterns.
- Edit text files and implement the changes in our build environment.
- Verify other team members’ changes have been made successfully.
- Resolve minor text issues raised by other teams.
- Implement text change requests by other teams.
- Conduct research to support the creation of new content rules and best practices.
- Support the UI Text team in other tasks as required.
- Contribute to team documentation.
- Proven experience writing clear and accurate customer-facing communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent writing skills in English and knowledge of English language.
- Incredible attention to detail and an eye for inconsistency.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues across all Rockstar studios.
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, ensuring all relevant parties are informed of project status/changes.
- Ability to take complex instruction well but confident with being proactive and using initiative.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with task tracking software.
- Experience working in shared documents or file systems.
- Passion for video games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.