UI/UX Designer - Rocksmith+
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be able to own or support both UX and UI Design artifacts as needed to solidify design direction and plans
- Communicate and collaborate with all members of the team to create a friendly and efficient work environment
- Work hand in hand with Game Designers to think through a proposed experience with the end user in mind
- Help identify experience pain points and come up with different solutions
- Be able to execute greyboxing exercises and extend them into wireframes and visual details
- Design layouts and flows for in-game user interfaces across multiple platforms
- Create menus that are intuitive, easy to navigate, menus that convey the right information and decision points clearly to the end user
- Be flexible and comfortable with an iterative process and used to taking critique constructively
- Evangelize the perspective of the end user within the context of inclusivity and accessibility
- Be able to advocate for improvements in a respectful way
- Have Positive, patient mindset
- Embrace iteration and the space between the ideal and achievable
- Be self-directed, able to work independently and collaboratively with team members to solve challenges
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions
- Be diligent and ensure quality of work in a fast paced, team based highly iterative development environment
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A strong visual design and user experience background
- Be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule
- Extensive knowledge in design and wireframing tools
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of UI across multiple platforms
- Willingness to respond to and adapt to feedback
- Good positive attitude and outlook
- Solid experience of several years designing UI/UX in games, ideally with cross-platform experience
- You have a strong UI / UX sensitivity and are comfortable with the concepts of flow, wireframe, mock-up, etc
- Experience and/or comfort with being in a game engine
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 21,000 talented people located in 45+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The San Francisco base salary range for this full-time position is $92,000 - $115,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.