Unity UI Programmer
On being a UI programmer at Ubisoft
When you’re a UI Programmer at Ubisoft, you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the flow and delivery of key information for the player.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to flow through menus? Does the HUD feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
The daily life of a UI programmer at Ubisoft:
- Code new and existing UI systems to meet the intent of the game’s design and flow;
- Keep them coherent with existing code;
- Keep everyone involved updated on the changes in code;
- Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements;
- Collaborate with designers and artists on layouts;
- Resolve UI bugs;
- Document your work.
What it takes to make it:
- Experience in C# and optimizing Unity UI;
- At least B1 level of English for day-to-day work and communication
- Experience in gameplay, UI, and design (menus, HUD);
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped a video game;
- Experience developing on video-game consoles or mobile devices;
- Experience working with Unity and its latest tech;
- Experience in working/understand Unity DOTS ( ECS/Jobs/Burst) is a plus;
- Knowledge and experience in the shooter genre is a plus;
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.