User Experience Designer III - Unpublished R&D Product
As a User Experience Designer, you’ll create the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals.
As a User Experience Designer III on the R&D team, you’ll be responsible for driving the foundational direction for UX on the product. Your work will include end-to-end experience design. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You'll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals. You will report to the Lead Meta Game Systems Designer on the project.
- Lead UX design across multiple workstreams, focusing on the interaction design and player flows for these areas
- Deliver appropriate UX design artifacts (wireframes, user flows, etc) and prototype UI
- Support high level design in developing systems such as control schemes, HUDs, and front end UI/UX flow.
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to the team and stakeholders.
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum viable experience), making appropriate trade-offs between fidelity and functionality
- Establish experiential quality metrics and interaction consistency across player-facing systems
- 5+ years industry experience, having led significant portions of the UX for at least one shipped game title
- Understanding of mobile gaming patterns, across genres
- Experience with UI prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
- Experience designing in-game or around-game UX systems
- Ability to plan and estimate UX efforts for projects
- Experience working as the lead/primary UX designer on a shipped game.
- Experience designing interfaces on Mobile and PC with strong understanding of interaction modalities across both
- Experience with Unreal
- Experience with game design
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $168,000 USD - $234,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.