User Experience (UX) Designer
Jan 29, 2023
The person in this position participates in the development of the game's usability through workcamps, tools, accessibility and interfaces and feedback. He/she works closely with the UI team, the user research lab, the 3C team and the level design team and game designers.
What you'll do
- Conceptualize the logic, layout, and flow of all user interfaces in the game, such as the HUD display and menus by applying information architecture and accessibility principles;
- Ensure that the various interfaces and feedback clearly communicate the game information through accessibility best practices;
- Collaborate with the game design team and work closely with them to identify controls and inputs that support interactions, all with the goal of ensuring a smooth and consistent user experience;
- Develop navigation flows;
- Develop functional prototypes that allow for rapid iteration on key interactions;
- Implement an optimal interface layout;
- Ensure that the interface layout meets the constraints of the game, localization and accessibility;
- Document, communicate and present these designs to the game designer, directors and his UI team (UI artist, programmer, development tester);
- Account for user feedback and the efficient use of user research services to optimize the game experience;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Degree in design or any other relevant video game field;
- Minimum 12 months of relevant experience in the field of video games, specifically: game designer, UX designer, UI designer, industrial designer, ergonomist or 3C programmer;
- Mastery of the principles of ergonomics applied to video games;
- Ability to create functional prototypes;
- Knowledge of information architecture and industrial design;
- Communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to innovate and create an exceptional user experience;
- Understanding of UX concepts and ability to work in a continuous flow environment and think holistically while creating and learning iteratively;
- Ability to rely on a user-centric business design approach;
- Ability to juggle multiple complex files in parallel.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, your experiences and your skills.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
846 available jobs