User Research Analyst
At Ubisoft Montreal’s User Research Lab, we contribute to creating the best experiences by putting our customers – their behaviours, motivations, and more – at the centre of the design process.
Working hand in hand with production teams, we deliver in-depth user insights to guide decision-making, combining state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative analysis through a variety of methodologies and data sources to do so.
As a User Research Analyst within the Lab, you’ll transform data into meaningful insights that inform content creators and benefit our customers.
The User Research Analyst is an expert in gathering qualitative data from participants in our user tests. As such, they must be able to actively collaborate with all contributors assigned to projects they are working on, in order to ensure our test protocols are both workable and relevant from a fieldwork perspective.
The User Research Analyst is also expected to actively contribute to the User Research Lab’s ongoing effort to improve our research processes and methods.
What you’ll do
- Accompanies User Researchers in the preparation of user studies (needs gathering, methodology elaboration, tools development, etc.).
- With supervision from User Researchers, leads small-scope research tasks such as: Identification of needs, definition of the mandate, creation of User Research tools, follow-up with stakeholders, creates report and presentation, etc.
- Supports User Researchers in preprocessing qualitative and qualitative data, and some of its analysis.
- Gathers usability and user experience data through direct observation and other various methods.
- Conducts structured and semi-structured individual interviews with participants.
- Administers and ensuring quality of user experience surveys.
- Participates in daily debriefs with the User Researcher.
- Conducts phone interviews to recruit participants based on a pre-established profile.
- Validate technical aspects related to studies and setups (remote connections, build stability, technical setups, troubleshooting, etc.);
- Participates in user research-related tools improvement and validation (recruitment filter, note taking tool, surveys…)
What you bring
- Minimum qualifying diploma: Bachelor’s degree, ideally in cognitive psychology, ergonomics, HCI, sociology, marketing research, or any other relevant field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Good knowledge of the video game industry.
- Master the Office suite (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.).
- Knowledge of user research methods and best practices is an asset.
- Be autonomous and resourceful.
- Good interpersonal skills and empathy.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be curious, proactive and critical.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.