User Research Extern
Job Title:User Research Extern
Job Title: User Research Extern (Temporary)
Reporting To: Mobile Research Lead
Department: User Research
Location: Woodland Hills, California
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, and make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com, or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
As an Extern, you will join an energetic, dedicated, and diverse team of user researchers as you take your first step into the game industry while working on the largest gaming franchises in the world. User Research Externs can work remotely or at the Activision User Research Center (AURC) in Woodland Hills, California. In this role, you’ll serve as the voice of the player base to developers as you help guide the evolution of games in development based on player feedback. By the end of your Externship, you’ll have gotten on-the-job training and mentoring from industry experts in user research and game analysis, contributed your own unique voice to the insight generation process, and helped put your stamp on one or more AAA games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assists with the execution of user tests, including game review, recording/reporting of the players' experiences, and other research-related activities.
- Provide summarized research results for discussion and write-up.
- Contribute to and edit reports and surveys as required.
- Assist with recruiting participants through internal or external recruiting methods.
- Run selected studies and support all User Research staff in day-to-day tasks
- Experience with and passion for video games is a must, and an ideal candidate will be well-versed in at least one of Activision’s titles.
- Experience with first-person shooters on console is a plus.
- Talent comes from diverse backgrounds, so experience with user research, UX, or game testing is a plus but not a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Currently enrolled in a relevant educational or job training program that supports in-practicum study or externships.
- Good interpersonal communication (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Adaptable and quick learner that enjoys tackling a large variety of problems.
- Able to handle a variety of responsibilities.
- Able to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor with coworkers and participants.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive on connecting and engaging the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $18.13 - $33.51 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.