Your life at Ubi
You will be responsible for preparing and running studies under the guidance of the Lead User Researcher, evaluating the usability and overall user experience of our games, in order to assist the production teams in making data informed decisions. This includes preparing the study protocol, data collection tools, data analysis, interpreting and reporting this data to answer the various objectives and needs of the production teams and of the studio.
Your main mission:
- Under the guidance of the Lead User Researcher, organize and schedule user tests, and devise the appropriate methodology using relevant tools to evaluate whether the players' experience aligns with the design intentions
- Act as an observer during tests, efficiently gathering data using best practices in observation
- Analyze multiple sources of data (including surveys, observation, telemetry etc.) and provide valuable and actionable insights on players’ experience
- Keep up to date with game design, data visualization and User Research trends (trainings, conferences, new/best practices etc.)
- Ensure transparency and high quality in all forms of communication involving a user study
- Keep track of all the changes happening in a project after a test and report them in a clear, timely and concise manner
The professional value you bring:
- Good understanding of social research methods (experience is a plus)
- Solid understanding of UX principles
- Good video game culture and knowledge of games
- Good knowledge of game mechanics
- Proactive and autonomous
- Able to adapt to change
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
The personal value you bring:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Romanian and English
- Good analytical skills
- Organized and able to multitask
- Passion for videogames
What we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Gorilla Gym subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our office in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on any basis, such as race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, health status, age, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different.
We are committed to providing a safe and respectful working environment and foster learning and creativity.
The production team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.