12 Month Contract
We are EA
Over the last twenty years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of accomplished people who create games with joy and passion.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
Criterion's latest game is Need For Speed: Unbound, with its very bold stylized look for characters and driving effects, and a photorealistic world and vehicles. We think it looks awesome.
The Challenge Ahead
Criterion is looking for an accomplished UX expert, someone with a formal or practical training in all the psychological and design principles, and methodologies surrounding UCD, from research methodologies to heuristic evaluation.
What You'll Do:
- Report directly to the UX Director.
- Gather and elicit requirements, with Game Design and Franchise teams.
- Work with our dedicated UX Research team to construct and document research that informs design decisions, at all stages of the development cycle.
- Use the research and requirements to design player experiences, on well-known AAA games using standard UX tools (personas, journeys, wireframes, interaction design, information architecture, prototypes, metrics).
- Represent the User Experience Design craft, and find ways to educate us in UX methods and design principles.
- Oversee the design, and work with the entire team to bring these experiences to life throughout the development lifecycle, and find pragmatic solutions when challenges arise.
- Ensure your experiences meet our UX/Game Design goals.
What We're Looking For:
- Passionate about computer games, player experience and the UCD process.(User centered design process)
- 4+ years of professional user centered design experience.
- Full knowledge of the theoretical and practical UX design rules (e.g. heuristics), with evidence of application.
- Knowledge of UX Research tools and methods (e.g. personas, journey mapping, use cases, competitor analysis, surveys, etc.). When to use one over another etc.
- Create detailed UI specifications, that can convey complex design details to colleagues from all disciplines.
- You will have created prototypes (low or hi fidelity) using standard prototyping tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Visio, Balsamiq, Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, Axure, Unity, and Unreal)
- You do not have to have made a video game before (personally or professionally), but do tell us if you have.
- Committed to inclusive design, including accessibility.