UX Designer II, Console Front End - VALORANT
As a UX Designer II on VALORANT Console Front End you will be responsible for delivering design work in a high-scope, complex, and often ambiguous product area. You will be situated within the console frontend team, where you will work with other UX designers, visual designers, engineers, and product owners to deliver a quality console front end experience that encompasses multiple features areas.
You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across screens and player touch points. You’ll work from concept through development and collaborate with other teams to achieve your goals, while continuing to improve the VALORANT player experience. Collaboration and communication will be key for this role, as you will be an advocate for console and multi-platform UX on VALORANT.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (Find out more info on VALORANT). As a User Experience Designer on the team, you will be trusted to design solutions that help players navigate and use all aspects of our game. You will produce strong UX wireframes, flows, and interaction design solutions through interesting and intuitive control schemes and layouts. You will report to the UX Manager for Platform Extensions.
- Support high-level design in developing intuitive control schemes and UX flows.
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation.
- Communicate ideas and collaborate across teams to create designs in-game.
- Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering and UI support) to show proof of concept.
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players.
- Articulate design decisions and communicate your data-informed vision, design rationale and solutions to team members.
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- 3-5 years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Experience designing across multiple platforms for digital interfaces.
- Experience with industry leading design tools (such as Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD)
- Specific experience designing interfaces and interactions for console games or 10ft experiences with an understanding of platform best practices and partner compliance
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years working with game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
We will review your past portfolio work as part of the application process. Please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.