UX Designer III - Esports, Esports Digital
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing commitment to our mission to be the most player-focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience with industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker to make our vision come to life.
Are you interested in being part of an amazing team poised to redefine the esports fan experience? We're looking for passionate, creative individuals with an eye and ear for fan behaviors who are ready to help us tackle Riot's high-priority focus on Unleashing Fandom and Reinventing the Watch Experience for fans across the globe! As player-focused UX Designers at Riot, we oversee design work in high-scope product areas that are complex and ambiguous. Our work includes complete experience design, often spanning multiple features and teams. We work from concept through development, participate in agile product development, and partner with Visual Design, Research, Product, and Engineering to achieve our goals.
Are you excited by design systems, web technologies, and the chance to improve the esports fan experience for millions of players? As Senior User Experience Designer for our Riot Esports team, you'll shape a cohesive and exciting vision for Riot Esports fans, including individual products like our core web experience and cross-platform features like fandom progression. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points.
You will report to the Sr. Manager of UX Design for the Esports R&D organization.
- Lead UX design across multiple fan-focused workstreams, focusing on user flows and interaction design
- Incorporate Riot's existing body of player knowledge and insights from Design, Research, and customer support to inform design decisions
- Mentor junior designer(s) on Riot Esports as they work on specific features
- Partner with Research to plan and implement customer outreach, or orchestrating your own customer outreach activities
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g. strategy, research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, and prototypes)
- Communicate data-informed vision and design rationale to the team and partners
- Actively participate in the Riot UX community, gathering and providing feedback on your work and processes
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Proficient with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Experience designing and releasing consumer web experiences (responsive desktop + mobile)
- A professional portfolio with examples of your past work.
- Experience with Figma
- Familiarity with or experience designing web experiences for eCommerce, creator platforms, progression systems, or the entertainment industry (movies, TV, video games, music, etc.)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.