Technical UI Designer will focus more on the design and implementation aspects. The candidate will gain hands-on experience with the editor and tools, assisting the UI Design, Art and Code departments in crafting the player experiences. This individual will develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
The candidate, based on their skillsets and interest, will also have the opportunity to explore various career paths e.g. in game design, UX design or tools designer, as part of career progression and development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with UI designers and UI programmers, as well as developers from other disciplines, to develop game content
- Implement and maintain UI assets in the game’s engine
- Find a balance between desired aesthetics and the technical constraints of the engine
- Ensure the technical consistency and integrity of UI assets, by means of profiling and optimization
- Get ahead of technical problems and (help) solve them before they arise
- Communicate efficiently with the other teams on the problems you met and the solutions to bring
- Help with ideas and feedback in the development of the UI editor
- Test and debug UI content to ensure there is no conflict with the rest of the game
- Understand and develop best practices, workflows and pipelines within the UI team
- Assist in the development of necessary skills in the UI team
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Good understanding of UX in interactive applications and has a flair for animations
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view
- Team Player with strong interpersonal and communication skills with willingness to learn new techniques and share knowledge openly
- Analytical thinking with the capacity to quickly understand game design rules, mechanics, balancing concepts and techniques
- Experience with standard industry software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Basic scripting knowledge
- Possesses a flair for animations
GOOD TO HAVE
- Knowledge of C#, C++ or any other programming language
- Working knowledge of Graphics Mathematics (Vectors, trigonometry, matrices, Boolean logic, etc)
- Knowledge of rendering pipelines
- Knowledge of a shader language, experience writing and maintaining shader
Please attach your portfolio in your application. Thank you.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft's key environmental Commitments: Climate change is an urgent problem that affects us all, and Ubisoft is committed to doing its part to protect our planet by reducing our carbon emissions and inspiring our communities to take action. Played by millions around the world, video games can give players tools to learn more about sustainability and mobilise them to act on climate change. We believe that we will only make progress through collective effort: that’s why Ubisoft is actively working with other video game companies to move our industry forward through the UN’s Playing for the Planet Alliance.
This role can be either onsite or remote (within Australia).
We do not sponsor VISA or relocation.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.