Validation / Debug Engineer - 164926
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
VALIDATION DEBUG ENGINEER
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to help validate and debug the next generation of highly efficient Server architectures. As part of this job you will work with Core validation teams, designers, Architects, project management and verification engineers. The position will required to identify validation gaps in functional and power management to bring creative solutions during the execution stage, lead global validation activates and define plans for next projects.
This individual will be a member of the Core HW Validation team and work along with architecture and software compiler engineers to validate new products.
- This position will be individual contributor responsible to develop the technology for pre-Silicon functional validation tests to verify system(s) will meet design requirements.
- Responsibilities include creating, analyzing, and modifying test plans for RTL validation, defining and running system simulation models, and finding and implementing corrective measures for failing RTL tests.
- This role will also contribute towards managing the Verification infrastructure and TFMs that are needed for HW design development.
- Learning the architecture, microarchitecture, and Power Management flows by debugging failures to the root cause.
- Proven willingness to lead technical projects, working with multi-functional and cross-site groups.
- Demonstrated leadership skills needed to form and build teams, attract, coach, and develop architects and engineers, and establish functional quality development processes.
- CPU Core Verification.
- CPU architecture or microarchitecture.
- Developing pre-silicon functional verification tests to verify system(s) will meet design requirements.
- Developing a Verification infrastructure from inception thru implementation.
- Working with RTL and architecture to extract the specification and build test plans.
- Developing test plans.
- Debugging Post Silicon issues.
- Delivered high quality IP (RTL, Design, Validation) as a technical lead for large and small groups in a global team environment.
One of the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 9+ years of experience.
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 6+ years of experience.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 4+ years of experience.
Requisition Number: 164926
Country: United States State: California City: Roseville
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.