VCS Competition Manager, Competitive Operations - APAC
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We celebrated the 10th year of LoL esports at the 2020 World Championship and we hope to share many more great experiences to our players through esports. We’re looking for passionate professionals who share the same goal to make LoL esports even greater.
That's where you come in.
As part of the Competitive Operations Team in Singapore, you will join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate one of the most sophisticated esports ecosystems in South East Asia, VCS.
Your focus will be supporting the design, implementation, and enforcement of policies that govern rights & responsibilities between VCS and its partners. You will examine the current VCS ecosystem to identify the strengths and weaknesses, brainstorm ideas, and develop new policies to enhance the wellness of the league.
This is an individual contributor role that focuses on the followings:
- Design and manage the competitive seasonal structure, format, and schedule for VCS.
- Draft and enforce regulations, policies, and rules by closely collaborating with the Riot Global and APAC team.
- Collaborate with tournament organizers to handle various league operations tasks
- Handle event logistics, including collection and handling of various documentation and communication with teams and players before, during, and after the event
- Assist with league investigations and competitive rulings.
- Manage general competition operations.
- Experienced : you have 3+ years of work experience with a strong track record
- English speaker : You are fluent in written and spoken English communication
- Proficiency with data and visualization : You have proficiency with data, can maintain complex spreadsheets, and experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software, including MS ppt
- Strategic and insight informed : You have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up our business; you root these insights in strong analysis metrics and stats and know how to turn an insight into a big idea
- Avid esports fan : you enjoy playing League of Legends and watching LoL esports
- Esports industry understanding : you have a strong understanding of esports and/or sports industry, league and team business
- Experience in strategy consulting
- Experience in esports, games, or sports industry with a specialty in league management and operations
- Experience in product management
- Native level or fluent in Vietnamese would be a plus as this role would require to liaise with Vietnamese vendors.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the laws of your jurisdiction.