WE ARE DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As a Senior Vegetation Artist you will help us push the quality of our vegetation to the next level. Aside from daily tasks you will also share your experience with the team and be a role model for junior developers around you. On a daily basis you will report to the Lead in the Core Environment Art team, meeting to review work and discuss progress about project deliveries. On a higher level you will also work with Directors and Craft Managers to help push the discipline forward and help create a stronger, more versatile and happier team.
- Drive and own solution and strategy for the vegetation production together with leads, art and technical directors to ensure we achieve the best quality in terms of visuals, playability and performance.
- Create benchmark assets to set quality and technical targets for the project within the vegetation domain.
- Coordinate with other teams to drive innovative solutions and implement the outcomes into the production workflows.
- Collaborate with leads and project managers to determine budget, scope, deadlines and prioritize backlog content to consistently deliver on time and avoid diminishing returns.
- Delegate work between multiple artists and setting priorities in the backlog together with Leads and DDs.
- Define and evolve workflows and processes for vegetation, while maintaining and adding documentations about best practices.
- Identifies and breaks down complex problems, determining the optimal approach based on dependencies and project needs.
- Verifies visual and technical quality and makes suggestions of improvements where necessary.
- Able to provide feedback and guide lesser experienced artists well as external partners.
- Assemble and organize reference material for self and others.
You are an experienced artist, probably with a couple of shipped games under your belt, and you know that seniority doesn't come from just producing things quickly, but more importantly being a role model for others and embodying collaboration, communication and teaching.
- 5+ years of experience in the video games industry.
- Demonstrable skills in the technical and visual execution for creating high-end vegetation graphics.
- Experience in establishing techniques, processes, workflows and best practices for vegetation creation.
- Strong backlog, time management and organization skills.
- Experience working with capturing raw data using photogrammetry.
- Experience working with external development teams.