Title:- Gear Artist OR Vehicle Artist
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
Advise on and improve the creation of Licensed and Un-licensed Vehicles and ensure that vehicles can be successfully integrated into the game while supporting the lead artist on management focused tasks.
• Create complex assets which can be shared across multiple projects in respect of technical and artistic constraints;
• Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
• Express any ideas which may add to the project mandate;
• Support the Lead to ensure a successful sign off process for own and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
• Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management;
• Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
• Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
• Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
• Ensure vehicles fit within the defined memory constraints to keep within the target Frame Rate;
• Support the Lead Vehicle artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• In-depth knowledge of modeling techniques, texture mapping, materials and shaders;
• Excellent knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software packages;
• A technical problem solving mindset is essential;
• Strong knowledge of vehicle design principles;
• Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to in-game engines;
• Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
• Knowledge of industry game engines and production pipelines;
• Strong knowledge of the video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
• Work experience in graphic design, modelling or other relevant experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
• Has shipped at least 2 game as a vehicle/model artist; preferably full project cycle on ‘AAA’ console title.