· Create AAA quality in-game VFX that follow the artistic direction of the game and work well within the engine/platform constraints
· Become familiar with game mechanics and design and identify special effects opportunities
· Collaborate with our development partner studios across the world in the development of asset pipelines and tools
· Create simulations/animations to be used for gameplay elements
· Create textures for particles effects and related decals
· Place level/character-specific effects
· Proactively produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
· Contribute to the success of the team, and the studio, through your personal contribution to the products.
· Provide team/company support - Each team member is expected to provide feedback on ideas, features, game-play, and process.
· 3 years’ experience creating VFX for shipped AAA games or films
· Experience in conception and realization of VFX
· Proficient in a texturing package such as Photoshop or Substance Designer
· Solid understanding of a 3D modeling and animation program
· Experience with node based game engines preferred
· Experience with PBR based lighting and shaders
· An eye for detail while maintaining efficient techniques
· Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques by being highly self motivated and unafraid to take initiative.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact with team members of different disciplines. Candidate shoul have strong verbal and written communication skills
· Candidates for this position are asked to provide samples at the time of application. Web portfolio format is preferred. Any resumes submitted without a portfolio or web link will not be considered.
· Houdini experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.