VFX Artist (F/M/NB)
Join our teams in Bordeaux on a new unannounced PVP cross-platfom game !
Under the responsibility of the Technical Art Director, you are in charge of designing and optimizing the real time VFX of environment or gameplay.
In this context, your missions are the following:
- Analyze the VFX editor within the project and propose possible improvements
- Design and prototype multiple effects of smoke, clouds, dust, explosions, fire, ...
- Create particle, fluid, smoke and fire materials
- Optimize VFX and find the best solutions to realize effects that will fit the technical constraints of our game engine and the technologies used
- Ensure the artistic quality of the VFX by respecting the orientation given by the Artistic and Technical Direction
- Ensure the artistic quality of the VFX to the Level Artists once integrated in the game
- You have significant experience in the production of real time VFX
- You have had experience with various game engines or rendering tools and are comfortable with their technical specificities (rendering, physics, etc.)
- You have a strong command of modeling tools or 2D/3D effects (Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, After Effect, etc.)
- You have a strong technical sensitivity, especially via programming languages (such as Mel, Python)
- Knowledge of Houdini is appreciated
- You speak English fluently
- You are passionate about video games and have a good knowledge of this industry.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
Permanent contract is offered for this position.
· Phone Interview with a recruiter
· Art Test
· Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.