VFX Artist (Jedi: Survivor Team)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a highly skilled VFX Artist to join our Star Wars Jedi team. This VFX Artist will help create incredible real-time rendered visual effects which meet the vision for the gameplay experience. Our ideal candidate has sensibilities pertaining to real-time rendered VFX both technically and creatively, and is experienced as a member of a game development team (or a team that develops within a game engine) with a focus on creating VFX. We are picturing someone with a passion for fun gameplay and the ability to both inspire and create, who can embrace our game development philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What you’ll do...
- Bring life and excitement to the game through your design and implementation of compelling realistic visual effects.
- Coordinate with Art, Design and Animation to ensure VFX match the quality bar and vision for the game.
- Fix VFX related bugs, including performance and budget issues.
- Help improve technical pipelines and VFX creation techniques/tools.
- Participate in research and development.
Ideally, you also will have...
- 1+ years experience as an effects artist on personal or professional projects.
- Experience working within a game engine.
- Demonstrable ability to create beautiful and affecting VFX for games, film/tv, or a combination of both.
- Strong understanding of real-time VFX.
- Both technical and creative with a strong artistic vision.
- Motivated, proactive self-starter
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Photoshop, After Effects and Maya.
- A reel with examples of your work showcasing the above.
- Passion for making and playing games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and reel and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.