Job Title: VFX Artist
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
· 3+ years of game development experience.
- Collaborate with Art Director on the visual style of all effects in the game, through verbal and written communication, concepts, or reference images/videos.
- Identify need for effects in collaboration with environment artists and gameplay designers in the different production units.
- Create optimized visual effects for real time rendering within a PBR environment.
- Create weather, atmospheric, and special environment effects such as under water effects in collaboration with Environment Artists.
- Create effects required for gameplay like impact decals, explosions, muzzle flashes and other related weapon and breakable effects in collaboration with Gameplay Designers and Programmers.
- Optimizing work and maintaining balance between quality and performance.
- Create certain light and camera/lens effects.
- Strong eye for lighting details, and the capability to use them in crafting top notch visual effects that support gameplay and cinematography.
- Understanding best real-time practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Collaborate with programmers within the Advanced Gameplay & Effects team to further develop pipelines and tools.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of CGFX and/or HLSL shader languages.
- Texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting experience is a plus.
- Substance Painter & Designer experience.
- Knowledge of MEL/Python/VEX. And Houdini
- Good understanding of game editors such as Unity or Unreal.
- Strong working knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems.
- Strong knowledge of node-based shaders and their creation.
- Experience creating realistic simulations using Houdini, 3DS Max, Maya or similar software’s.
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop and AfterEffects.
- Keen artistic eye and exceptional attention to detail.
- The capability to view visual reference of an effect, deconstruct it and then re-create it in a real-time game engine is vital.
- Good understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines, and efficient game development processes.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.