VFX Artist W/M/NB
Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a Lead VFX Artist (W/M/NB) to join and drive a VFX team in charge of developing a AAA game.
Your main mission will be:
- Textures creation (animated or static)
- Realtime Special effects conception, inspired by concept art or references
- Create and implement, under supervision, video game special effects in accordance with a project’s artistic direction and production deadlines.
- Optimization from a technical point of view
- Maintaining art direction and quality
- Creates and maintains workflow documentation for your team's content
You have been creating realtime VFX during a full end-to-end game production (preferably on AA or AAA)
You feel confident in using the following skillset:
- Good knowledge of 3DS Max particles/dynamics systems, and special effects creation
- Proficiency in After Effects or Nuke
- Good understanding of art fundamentals: color theory, lighting, shape, composition, etc
- Mastery of a realtime engine : Unity, Unreal Engine…
- Good communication skills. English is mandatory
- Mentoring and sharing your knowledge and best practises within the team
- Scripting skills (Max Script, Python, HLSL) are a plus
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development