VFX Gameplay Programmer
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for a talented VFX Gameplay Programmer who possesses a passion for breathing life, realism, and fun into games. This is a full-time permanent positions based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Andover, Massachusetts, USA and we are open to consider applicants with Associate to Mid level experience.
WHAT WE DO
- The VFX team is responsible for designing and implementing high quality, cutting edge visuals effects in our award winning titles.
- We aim to immerse the player in a living, breathing world that reacts convincingly to their actions.
- Write clear, concise and maintainable code.
- Design and create new visual effect gameplay systems that drive the visual effects technology to achieve state-of-the-art visuals.
- Work closely within the VFX team to maintain and enhance existing visual effect gameplay systems.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Report to the VFX leads to plan and provide updates on your work schedule.
- Adhere to deadlines and other constraints in order to meet production times.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent.
- For Mid level roles, 3 or more years of PC or console development experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with C++ programming.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Strong communication skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Strong 3D maths skills.
- Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, GCM Replay, Tuner, Vtune, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.