Vice President, Business Operations
About this Role
Fandom is growing! Our VP of Business Operations & Strategy opportunity is based in the U.S., and reports to our Chief Business Officer.
Our Business Operations team is responsible for enabling long-term company success by driving operational fidelity across key initiatives and businesses, developing strategy in conjunction with key stakeholders, and ensuring alignment against this strategy across the organization.
In this role, you will play a central role in strategic planning, running operational reviews, crafting board discussion plans and materials, and consulting with stakeholders across the organization on key projects.
You are comfortable as an individual contributor and have the experience managing both strategy and project management activities. You are known as an exceptional communicator and collaborator who has a willingness to dig into challenges both large and small as part of the greater effort.
- Develop and codify the company strategy in conjunction with corporate development ensuring a comprehensive look at capability-driven company strategy and being strategically complete
- Manage the core operational meetings (key results driven business reviews) working with operational owners throughout the business to represent our progress and identify challenges
- Drive key company initiatives, owning the overall cross-functional coordination/project management to ensure achievement of organizational goals
- Own the annual planning process, identifying strategic focus areas and codifying the operational plan of record for the organization
- Own the Board of Directors narrative development, materials creation, and preparation partnering with Estaff and CEO
- Engage on internal consulting projects (opportunity analysis, market insights, strategic framing and synthesis, etc) with key cross-functional partners. Manage external consultants when necessary on larger or more complex projects.
- 7-10 years in a similar strategic / operational management role or management consulting
- Proven track record and interest in developing and maintaining systems to ensure operational excellence
- Project management experience and/or have run a project management office (PMO)
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with senior/executive business leaders across an organization. Presence to command attention and enroll stakeholders.
- Energetic leadership in the management of teams and co-workers, with a willingness to be both a coach and player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with expert skills in building / communicating via decks
- Self Motivated with a willingness and comfort of working in a fast paced environment
- Deep knowledge of ecosystem in Entertainment, Anime, Video Games
- Experience working in / covering Ecommerce or Digital Platforms
Benefits & Perks
- Vibrant team culture, periodic team lunches and happy hour events
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision
- Training (unlimited Udemy + more)
- Flexible working hours and time off
- Equity & Retirement Programs including 401K match
- Paid Parental Leave
- International work environment with start-up culture
Fandom powers fan experience. We are the world's largest fan platform. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.