Video Game Tester
Your life at Ubi:
As a member of Ubisoft’s Quality Control Department, you will be part of an awesome team focused on identifying and reporting bugs on specific areas of a game. Doing so, you will put your attention to detail and creativity to test. Here in Bucharest, we have a ton of experience when it comes to game testing, so you will be learning everything there is to know about game testing from the best. And this will happen while having fun. If you’ve heard stories about the cool atmosphere at our studio, they are true.
What’s also cool is the fact that you will perform your testing activities on the latest hardware and with powerful in-house software and more. Yes, you will get to try out new consoles before they reach the market and test amazing games way, way before anyone else sees them. And you’ll do this sitting in a comfy chair in front of a large desk on one of the amazing floors of Jiului 8. The quality of life at work is very important to us and our new building reflects that.
Grow with us:
Evolving in your job should be important for you and it certainly is for us, so we will evaluate your progress every 6 months. Good performance is always rewarded here.
What about the future? When we invite you to take your first step in the gaming industry, we mean it. You should be thinking about a career in gaming, not just a summer job as a game tester. The opportunities in our studio are literally endless. Based on your talents you can evolve and lead teams of testers, become a test specialist in our QC Technical Standards Department (ex. Sony Compliance), get into software development as a product owner or automation analyst through our QC Tech Department or jump ship and join a production team as a dev tester, level designer or whatever you dream about in our Production families (Art, Design, Programming). The best part is that we will offer support and help your plans become reality through various courses and programs meant to prepare you for your future role in Ubisoft.
How can you join us?
- Submit your resume and expect a call from our recruiters
- You’ll go through a practical test where you need to identify and report bugs in one of our games, followed by an English test
- If you are an experienced tester who wants to join us you’ll go through a more challenging test that will validate your level of knowledge
- After that, we’ll invite you to have a talk with one of our Team Leads and a HR member
- You are the key factor in ensuring that millions of end-users will enjoy high quality games
- Work for the development team by using your keen eye for details and express your creativity and intuition by identifying and reporting bugs
- Use computers, video game consoles and controllers as your main tools
- Be ambitious and ready to learn from the best in a studio with a long history of creating and testing games
Professionally, all you need to bring:
- Good English skills (written and spoken)
- We are looking for Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- No previous work experience is necessary
- Learning appetite to become the best at your trade
- Minimum requirement - Baccalaureate diploma
The Personal Value you bring:
- Passion for games
- Knowledge of different game genres, consoles, and platforms is also nice to have, but you can also build it here
- Patience and persistence are key when performing meticulous testing while always ensuring accuracy
- As part of the team, you need to interact with other colleagues and have good social and communication abilities
- You are also a fast learner, creative and proactive
- You are reliable, punctual and you come with a positive attitude
What we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun, and join us!