Visual Design Artist III - Global Marketing, Esports Marketing
As an Art Director on the Global Esports team, you'll be responsible for defining the visual language of Valorant Esports & upholding its quality bar across all touchpoints. You will shape the art direction of the core brand & campaign assets, ensuring they bring visual delight to players, deliver on the aesthetic of the sport, and hit the quality bar. You'll be responsible for sharing this brand with our partner teams, and guiding their correct usage of this identity. You will also work closely with cross-functional teams such as Broadcast, Events, Business Development, etc to ensure our brand is brought to life in the best way possible. You will report to the Head of Art & Design, Riot Esports.
- Define the unique visual aesthetic of VCT & all Global Events
- Own the development & delivery of Brand Kits
- Work with partner teams to ensure their art & design expressions deliver on the core design vision
- Concept impactful art solutions to pair with the Creative Director's campaigns & tactics
- Uphold the design quality bar in all campaign assets
- Oversee the work of VCT's designers, giving guidance and direction
- Source exciting vendors & successfully manage partnerships
- 6+ years experience concepting unique art directions & executing compelling designs
- Expert knowledge of design, brand kits and the creative development process
- Experience leading designers & vendors to deliver on your vision
- Cutting edge aesthetic taste, shown through compelling cultural work in sport, fashion, lifestyle or gaming
- Showcases a strong understanding of brand building, typography, and visual design systems
- Persistent self-education around innovation & trends in the design field
For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the success of our sport & delight for players.
- Passion for sports, gaming, or esports
- Experience in areas such as motion graphics, animation, or 3D/CG production
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and a desire to prioritize the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.