VP Editorial F/M/NB
Do you want to embark on our adventure? Ubisoft is looking for a VP Editorial F/M/NB
Within the headquarters of our production studios, you will be joining the Editorial team and will be directly reporting to our Chief Creative Officer. You will be in charge of a portfolio of projects/brands.
For each of them, you will be collaborating on the definition of the project mandate, together with the core team and will ensure the good execution of the mandate.
You will proactively anticipate and identify stakes and challenges relative to content and find the relevant actions to undertake with project leaders and studios directions. You will launch these critical actions with the project’s core team. You act as a key partner for the project and represent the Editorial team.
You must be able to provide at any time an evaluation of the project to the top management. You support the development teams in helping them make each title a success and are recognized as the person responsible for the quality of the project at the HQ level.
More specifically and in collaboration with the Line Design team that you will be supervising, your core responsibilities will be the following:
You will be accountable for the alignment with the group editorial vision;
- You will ensure the alignment of the editorial vision between the HQ, the development teams in compliance with the group editorial vision;
- You will secure the alignment of the projects with their respective brands, in collaboration with Brand Managers and Brand Directors in studios and in the HQ.
- You will advise the leadership team on the strategy, new projects, and are actively involved in the definition of Ubisoft’s editorial strategy.
You will ensure the high quality of projects as well as the top priorities related to content;
- Along with the development team, you will make sure that the game pillars are sufficiently strong, unique, and attractive.
- You verify that the top priorities related to content are clearly defined at the beginning of the project mandate, will be respected and followed through during the whole development lifecycle as well as after the launch of the game. You will be able to reorient the project, with the help of the development teams, if necessary.
- You will be able to attest that our quality objectives are reached at each stage of the project development. You will follow-up on the status of the projects, their risks quality-wise, and regularly update the leadership team on the evolution of KPIs and warn on alerts when necessary.
- You will continuously integrate the reality of production
- You are well aware and understand extensively the reality and stakes of projects production. You will make sure to rigorously challenge the development teams, while always keeping in mind the feasibility of the targeted outcome. You will help the teams to fight their way through, take the good decisions, and establish the right action plans.
You have significant working experience in the gaming, entertainment industry;
You will have a background in game design, understanding player engagement, social experiences, and how systems impact the player experience.
You will have an understanding of brand DNA and its evolution, including knowledge of all facets of the brand ID, to be able to support the crafting of new IPs.
You have taken part to several game developments and launched several games; you have had significant exposure and experience to different part of game development;
You have a thorough understanding of video game production.
You are a positive leader who believes in the power of diversity – authentic, honest, and know how to create a climate of trust.
You have excellent communication skills to convince and influence effectively while being considerate of the multiple stakeholders you interact with.
Role will require frequent travel to Paris and other Ubisoft locations
Your English is fluent;
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.