VR VFX Artist
As Lead VFX Artist for the Assassin’s Creed VR team, you will be passionate about creating high-quality visual effects that are in line with the creative direction of the game universe and adhere to any technological budget constraints. In order to give our players an unforgettable experience, you’ll use your in-depth understanding of the impact that VFX has and how to smoothly integrate it. You will lead a diverse team in a passionate, fun, and creative work-place and maximize their potential as you always strive for excellence.
- As lead, you will inspire, manage and develop the VFX team
- You’ll collaborate with the Art Director to ensure the VFX is aligned with the defined vision
- You’ll enjoy giving mentorship and clear direction for the aesthetic and technical requirements
- As part of one of our cutting-edge AAA VR projects, you’ll be ignited with a passion for research and developing new VFX solutions both visually and technically
- Together with the technical art team, you’ll investigate and develop optimized VFX solutions to achieve the highest quality level within the limitations of the platform and project.
- Negotiating the needs of the team will be a challenge you are geared up for
- 5 years of VFX experience, having shipped at least 1 title
- 2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience optimising VFX for mobile platform preferred
- Your communication skills are excellent; you can clearly explain and document concepts, give feedback to internal artists and are fluent in English both written and verbally.
You as a person
- You’ll build trust with your team and lead with integrity and high emotional intelligence
- You find it easy to collaborate with other departments and be a bridge between your areas of expertise to enrich gameplay, accessibility and the player experience
- You are organised and have the experience to deliver time estimates for VFX deliverables, participating in the planning for the projects visual effects.
- When it comes to improving upon existing technologies and developing new ones that raise the bar of the game, you are passionate and curious
- You are a bold and intelligent negotiator
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.