As a Weapons Modeler at Ubi MTL, you will create weapons for players to interact and connect with.
To you, creating new blend shapes, good edge flow, and optimized meshes are opportunities to push your skills. Always eager to improve, you’re constantly on the lookout for feedback to refine your art and build the best foundation for characters to be brought to life.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the art and narrative teams to understand the game’s creative and artistic visions.
- Develop and polish your weapons throughout the 3D pipeline (modeling, sculpting, texturing, retopologizing, UV unwrapping, etc.).
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints to achieve aesthetic quality and technical functionality.
- Partner with riggers and animators to make weapons move believably.
- Adapt your work based on feedback from play testers and interdependent teams.
What you bring
- A college diploma in 3D Modeling, Fine Art, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 1-3 years of experience in modeling, texturing, or other related experience
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, and ZBrush) *
- Solid understanding of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations (poly count, memory, etc.)
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best weapon work! Attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Real live people from our team will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialists Yara & Nicole. As they learn more about you through your profile, get to know them through the videos below
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.